The health and safety of our Educators and Families remain at the top of our minds during these challenging times. The information provided below is designed to answer some common questions on how Young Academics is managing the Health and Safety of children, families, and educators. Essential Services It can be challenging for families to decide whether they should send their child to care at this time. The Government have stated that Early Childhood Services are an essential service and as such we remain open and available to families who need access to care. The Government has stated that only workers who are not able to perform their work from home should send their children to care. Each family will need to make their own decision on balancing the need to attend care and work commitments. We do ask however if you are able to please keep your children at home. How we’re doing our part at Young Academics Young Academics continues to respond to ongoing changes as they are released by NSW Health and NSW Education Department. To ensure that we are able to keep our families, children and our team members safe and healthy we have implemented a range of strategies to further reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19. Young Academics has a COVID Risk Assessment that is reviewed as information changes and shared will all our teams and families. Some of our additional health and hygiene strategies we have implemented based on recommendations from NSW Health include: Drop off & pick-up procedures: Parents are asked to:
- Drop off and collect their child from the front door of the service and not to enter the centre.
- Sanitise hands prior to signing in and out
- Wear a mask
- Scan in via the Service NSW QR code check-in
- Upon arrival at the centre, all educators are required to sign in via the Service NSW app..
- All team members will be required to wear a mask both indoors and outdoors.
Educators Vaccinations – required to attend workNSW Government has mandated that:
- All educators working or living in one of the 12 LGA’s of concern are required to receive their first COVID-19 vaccination by the 6th of September 2021.
- Educators working in other LGA’s are required to have received their first Vaccintaiton by the 8th November, 2021
- Your family has been instructed by the NSW Health Department to self-isolate as you are a close/casual contact.
- A family has notified Young Academics that they will not be attending the centre during the lockdown period.