To receive the subsidy, some basic requirements must be satisfied. These include:
- AGE – Your child must be aged 13 or under and must not attend secondary school (certain exemptions apply, e.g. disability, medical condition).
- IMMUNISATION – The child must meet immunisation requirements as outlined by the Australian Government.
- RESIDENCY – The individual (parent or guardian) applying must live in Australia and meet the residency requirement as outlined in legislation.
- CHILDCARE PROVIDER – The childcare provider must be approved and delivered in Australia; the service type is also taken into consideration.
- FAMILY INCOME – The amount of subsidy granted depends on the total taxable income of the individual parent/couple per financial year.
- ACTIVITY LEVELS – The individual parent/couple with the lowest entitlement determines the hours of subsidised care the child.
can be granted to your family:
is a breakdown of the subsidy percentages according to annual
|Your family income||Child Care Subsidy percentage|
|$0 to $70,015||85%|
|$70,015 to $175,015||Between 85% and 50%||The percentage goes down by 1% for every $3,000 of income your family earns|
|$175,015 to $254,305||50%|
|$254,305 to $344,305||Between 50% and 20%||The percentage goes down by 1% for every $3,000 of income your family earns|
|$344,305 to $354,305||20%|
|$354,305 or more||0|
The hours of CCS entitlement for each family are based on recognised activity. In two parent families, the hours of care entitled is determined by the person with the lowest number of hours of activity per fortnight. Recognised activity can count as:
- Paid work including being self-employed
- Paid or unpaid leave, including paid or unpaid parental or maternity leave (up to six months)
- Participating in an approved course of education or study
- Training to improve work skills and/or employment prospects
- Unpaid work in a family business by an immediate family member
- Unpaid voluntary work, work experience or internships
- Actively looking for work
- Actively setting up a new business that has not yet began operation (up to six months)
- Recipients of JobSeeker, Parenting Payment or Special Benefit, with a compulsory mutual obligation requirement will have access to 36 hours of subsidised care per fortnight
- Recipients of Carer Allowance will have access to 72 hours of subsidised care per fortnight
- Other types of activity as assessed by Centrelink as maintaining or improving work skills
per family income
to each child. There are four activity levels:
|Activity level each fortnight||Hours of subsidised care each fortnight|
|Fewer than 8 hours||0 hours if you earn above $70,015 24 hours if you earn $70,015 or below|
|More than 8 to 16 hours||36 hours|
|More than 16 to 48 hours||72 hours|
|More than 48 hours||100 hours|
per family income
Young Academics promises stimulating, quality instruction and
child care programs which spark curiosity in your child.
nurture and grow with all in our network.