The objective of this role is to deliver operational service and quality to our children, our team members, and our families whilst taking ownership of the business including financial success and driving expected business outcomes. Working in collaboration with key functional business partners the Centre Manager is accountable to deliver educational services to families and manage the overall centre. A strong reliance on constructive communication and collaboration between different functional areas is a critical component of the role.
– Overall management and operation of the Centre.
– Overseeing an educational program involving observation, planning and implementing learning experiences to promote children’s development, evaluating, and keeping appropriate records.
– Managing educators, organising duties for all educators, overseeing the delivery of the educational program and providing leadership.
– Encouraging parents to contribute to the educational program and participate in centre activities.
– Maintaining administrative procedures including, maintaining attendance records, recommendations for purchasing equipment and consumables, parent notices and newsletters, service provision data, and departmental requirements.
– Be innovative and motivated to lead a centre to become the centre of choice for families within the local community.
– Evaluating and keeping appropriate records.
– Have a strong, confident and motivated personality with an ambition to provide education and care standards of excellence.
– Commitment to the ECA Code of Ethics.
– Supervising and supporting educators with programming and daily duties.
– Liaising and consulting with parents whilst maintaining confidentiality.
– Ensure the safety & well being of all stakeholders (children, educators and families).
– Support, guide and promote positive behaviours.
– Commitment to ongoing learning and self development.
– Has experience in the industry.
– Must hold current Working with Children’s Check, First Aid, Anaphylaxis, Asthma Management and Child Protection Certificate.
– Current Early Childhood Teacher Qualifications (ECT or working towards).
– Must have a minimum of 2 years (or equivalent) demonstrated experience as a Centre Manager / Director in an early childhood setting.
– Must have experience supporting and training colleagues.
– Must have a high-level thorough understanding and knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), National Quality Framework (NQF) including National Quality Standards (NQS).
– Must have highly developed communication skills in order to effectively liaise with families, staff and management.
– Must have competent computer skills.
– Experience with Qikkids.
– Must be able to work independently.