To be responsible for preparing nutritionally balanced meals created in conjunction with a nutritionist, placing the orders and assisting the Centre Manager with the food budget. Maintaining a safe and hygienic kitchen, ensuring that food is sorted, handled and stored properly and the appropriate records are maintained.
– Preparing morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea for our Child Care Centre located in Harris Park.
– Placing the weekly orders in accordance with the menu and remaining within the allocated budget.
– Proven ability to comply with and be responsible for Safe Health and Hygiene Practices in the preparation, serving and storage of meals.
– Completing the appropriate food checks required.
– Coordinating with the Centre Manager in regards to the budget.
Qualifications in Food Handling
Knowledge and understanding of allergies and dietary requirements
Have a current Working with Children’s Check
Preferred Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, but not essential